Devops engineer front-end
|Location||Den Bosch, Zuid-Holland|
|Employment||Vast / Permanent Job|
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who can help the no.1 retailer in the Netherlands innovate faster and become more agile.
About the job
Your role as a DevOps Engineer Frontend means being the star player in:
- work on state of the art technologies. We build our applications with Angular 10, rely heavily on NgRx state management. Serve the applications from NodeJS or our headless Sitecore 10 platform.
- take ownership and feel responsible for our applications serving more than 2 million energy customers that buy our electricity and gas products but also Energy+ products and services such as Solar Panels, Heating, Isolation and Energy advice.
- feel the urge to keep our applications up-to-date and continuously improve the system with a strong focus on automation in our Gitlab CI/CD pipeline.
- work closely together with your Agile DevOps team and take part in the rituals of their SAFE way of working.
They currently work on features for two applications:
- Under the name Sitecore, they work on a new digital platform to provide all the customers with a digital "my" environment. About 17,000 customers log in every day to arrange all their energy matters with this platform.
- Cockpit is the name of the application that the call center agents and back office employees work with. Every day, 400 colleagues use the software that they develop together to provide their customers with the best possible service and help as quickly as possible.
- Your team works closely with the business’ exploitation teams, consisting of frontend developers, content managers and UI/UX designers to optimize the customer experience for each specific brand.
- You embrace the DevOps mentality by giving and taking ownership, and the will to constantly improve.
- You are always looking for ways to make development life cycles better, simpler and more reliable.
- You have a “you-built-it-you-own-it” mind set.
- You revel in continues improvement and are eager to develop your skills.
- You adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
About the company
They are the market leader in the supply of energy and gas in the Netherlands. Every day they find newer and smarter ways of being the best together as one team. Their straightforward mentality helps them retain the loyalty of millions of consumers and businesses. Not just in energy and gas, but also in energy-related products and services that help the Netherlands become more sustainable.
Requirements and wishes
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Informatics, Business Informatics or equivalent fields.
- 3+ years of analysis and programming experience, preferably in a commercial organization.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions with the end consumer in mind.
- Experience in designing, developing, testing, deploying and/or operating applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments.
- Non-Dutch citizens are also welcome to apply. It is desirable that you speak Dutch and requires that you have an EU work permit.
- Last but not least you understand the basics of content management, preferably within Sitecore and are experienced in developing and maintaining a CI/CD Pipeline (Git, Octopus).
- You also have demonstrated ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively and effectively at technical levels with clients, vendors and partners.
What do we offer?
- A job at a leading European energy company that's always on the move. We keep growing, developing and innovating.
- A gross monthly salary between € 4.182 and € 5.973, precisely tailored to your level.
- A bonus opportunity of 10% to show our appreciation even more.
- 30 days of annual leave because you have hobbies outside work.
- All the facilities you need to work flexibly in the office, at home and on the road.
- The opportunity to work with our House-in-Order Lean method.
- They are currently working from home. But as soon as it's possible, They look forward to offering you an inspiring office environment with a great coffee bar within walking distance of Den Bosch central station.
- They recommend that you travel by public transport. And there’s a great extra if you do: they give you an NS Business Card. Would you prefer to travel by car? Then you’ll receive a kilometer allowance.
- A wide range of development and promotion opportunities nationally and internationally.