|Employment||Vast / Permanent Job|
As visual designer, you’ll be supporting conceptual development, overall direction, and delivery of visual design artifacts. You’ll have a strong appreciation for interaction design, the ability to elegantly adapt designs across devices, and an effortless presentation style that owns and sells pitches.
About the job
Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on-brand and delights users
Advance visual design as a discipline and a practice, including The Garage Brand
Explain, discuss and justify design decisions eloquently.
Give effective feedback and direction to other team members
Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries
Partner with colleagues in other disciplines to ensure that project expectations, parameters and process are mutually understood and met, that solutions meets creative, strategy and program objectives as well as technology strategy and requirements
Collaborate with the client to define needs, business objectives and brand goals to form insightful concepts while enhancing other people's knowledge and understanding of the client’s brand, consumer and competitive landscape
Lead client presentations
Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touch points
Publish articles and other media on behalf of this agency.
About the company
Visual design is the heartbeat of the practice off the design studio. The design team identifies user needs, interpret client challenges and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with other experts, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way.
Who are we looking for
Naturally engaging people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers, working with fellow team members, clients and channeling the inner creative. A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behaviour in a way that generates empathy, emotion and engagement from the client and design team. Comfortable with ambiquity in a fluid organization. Ready to collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business, creating service at scale. Passionate about creating experiences that fuse physical an digital through research, analytics, design and delivery.
Requirements and wishes
- 7+ years of working and conceptual knowledge of cross platform design -all touch points within the service experience: Mobile/Tablet; Web – responsive and mobile friendly; Kiosk – touchscreens/display screens that can be interactive or static.
- 3+ years of experience in standard design and presentation applications such as Sketch, InVision, the Adobe Suite, Keynote
- A digital design portfolio
- Exemplary design sensibility and command of standard design applications (i.e. Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote). Experience with Adobe XD, video editing, motion graphics and prototyping software is a plus
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions
- Demonstrated expert creative problem-solving skills to help establish a look and feel for a given project, evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, think and respond quickly while delivering unexpected, original and innovative ideas
- Proven ability to maintain attention to detail across project deliverables; management of version control issues
- Excellent leadership skills, problem resolution abilities and good judgment
- Proven history managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective and coherent design solution
What do we offer?
A brand new office in Amsterdam, an attractive salary based on your experience and responsibility & everything you need (tools, NS business card) & a great team!